Inspired by Debbie Morris' blog post "10 Things God Says About Me", I set out in search of my own list, which has taken me quite a while to put together and really search out. But it's been so worth it! I highly encourage you to do the same, and start memorizing those scriptures! Here are my top 7:
- Entrusted - "For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News..." 1 Thessalonians 2:4 (NLT); The Great Commission - Jesus has entrusted ME (and you) with this! Matthew 28:19-20 (also Luke 12:48).
- Glorious - "Delightful, wonderful, completely enjoyable, brilliantly beautiful or magnificent, splendid." I am made in His likeness and being changed more and more into His Glorious image! 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (and Psalm 139:13-14).
- Named - I can rejoice because my name is registered in Heaven! Luke 10:20. He knows my name, and sometimes even choses to rename His children (Abraham, Sarah, Israel, Paul...the list can go on and on).
- Branch - He is the Vine, and I am the Branch...(read) John 15:1-8. I have been grafted into the God's "special olive tree," and now I can also receive the blessings God promised Abraham and his children! Romans 11:16-18
- Remembered - Read Ps 136:23! "How precious are your thoughts about me...they cannot even be numbered!" Ps 139:17-18.
- Beloved - "Greatly loved; dear to the heart." John 3:16 says it all, to all of us...."For GOD loved the world (you and me) SO MUCH that He gave His One and Only Son..."
- Leader - To be a leader, I must be a servant Mark 10:43. Let everything I do reflect integrity Titus 2:7-8. (read also 1 Tim 4:11-12).