Well here we are, day five of the new year 2011! I am actually kind of relieved that the holidays have passed this year, so hopefully life can slow down a little bit and feel more "normal" (though I highly doubt that will happen)! I am not a resolution-making kind of girl, because I've realized that when I tell myself I have to do something I usually have a harder time doing it (I'm sure some psychiatrist out there knows why). If I did make resolutions my list would be miles long: have a deep quiet time everyday; pray for ... well everything each day; lose those 5-10 pounds I've never been able to shake (which translates: workout 5-6x a week and eat HEALTHY); practice guitar everyday; blog at least once a week; start/pickup-where-I-left-off/finish my book; be creative often and write some more worship; play with my girls each day doing fun baking and crafting activities.......I could literally go one for hours in my "dream resolutions list." But, even though I won't say I have to accomplish these things I am challenging myself to do as many of them as I can in these next 12 months. I started already, woke up at 5:30, had a beautiful 1+ hour quiet time and worked out, showered, even put on some makeup before the kiddos were up!!! I'm a little sleepy as I write this, but hopefully I can get to bed at a decent time and hit it again tomorrow!
I pray that your end of the year and kick off to this new one was great!!!
If you've stayed with me this far you will get to partake in some of these fun treats:
- www.NoiseTrade.com - You can download free music from tons of artists, some are even full CDs and donate if you'd like.
- RecycleBank, click here those of you who don't know what it is. If you "Like" them on Facebook and leave a comment (this week is about recycling) you are entered to win one of 5 weekly drawings for 2011 RecycleBank points (can be used to get coupons for Coke, Sprouts Farmers Market, lots of Organic products...etc.)! Check them out!
- DisneyRewards Program. Try out these codes for some possible points to get you started:
Not for the faint-of-heart or Faith:
- www.EpicBeauty.org - Ministring to women that are employed in the adult entertainment industry by giving them Baskets of Love filled with essentials to encourage these women that someone does care.
- www.climb4freedom.org - A video for the strong-hearted only. A group of women's challenge to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for Human Trafficking Awareness through the A21 Campaign.
- www.wonderfullymade.org's - Encouraging blog on Weight-Loss Resolutions
- An adorable 4 year old knows how to affirm herself, we could take a few notes: