I have had this interest in a raw food diet for awhile now. It's a bit intimidating, eating nothing that has been cooked over a temperature of 116 degrees. There are lots of people who do eat this way, they say they have incredible energy, natural weight loss, healthier skin, better digestion and lessened risk of heart disease. Of course, as with most things, there are some concerns as well. I don't think I'll ever go strictly raw, BUT I want to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables as much as possible. No matter your nutrition plan, more fresh produce is always good! Take a look at the fifteen foods you don't have to buy organic!
1. Smoothies! These are fun and easy ways to pack in more fruits (and veggies). And they are great at any time of day!
2. Eat a small-medium sized salad BEFORE your full meal. This will help your digestion system get working for all the cooked food, plus you get in more fresh vegetables and feel a little fuller before eating the more calorie-packed foods! Just watch how much dressing you drizzle!
3. Keep a supply of fruit on hand for snacks! Bananas, sliced apples with peanut (or almond) butter and sprinkled with cinnamon (yum!), little tangerines are sweet and easy to peel! Just remember, what you see more often and what's most convenient is what you will reach for first. Try to keep the fresh stuff in easy to reach places!
4. Make your own energy bars! Oat-Date Bars Recipe (picture) | No Bake Energy Breakfast Bars | Bird Seed Bars (no-bake) Recipe
5. Be the person to bring the fruit/veggie platter to the party! It's great for snacking and healthy for you and the other guests!
6. If you have a juicer, use it! I would start with some fruits and vegetables until you get used to the intense flavors. Start small, look for some good-sounding recipes and enjoy drinks or soups!
7. Eat a fun salad as a meal. Get out of the boring salad routines and throw in some fruit, nuts, dried fruit, vegetables you've never ate before, crumble some hamburger over your salad or sliced grilled chicken. Make it fun and enjoy feeling healthier inside and out!!
Thanks Bitt of Raw Blog! Have anymore ideas you want to share?! I would LOVE to hear them! Leave a comment.